Saturday, January 23, 2010

Funds for the Fostered

This organization is the brain child of two sets of adoptive parents who spent several months in Ghana finalizing the immigration paperwork for their children. We have been deeply moved and inspired by all that we witnessed during our adoption journey. Being people who believe that we should be judged by our actions and not just our words, we have begun this organization to help the many children who will never have a forever family but still deserve a full childhood and education.

I am one of those parents, and 9 weeks after arriving for a one month trip, I am still here. Many of my friends have wondered when I am going to be able to gather all the needed paperwork to travel with my children back to the states, and there have been many prayers and wishes that we will get to travel on a specific date. So to have a little fun with our extended stay while raising funds for the children's foster home, I am announcing the Fihankra Foundation's first fundraiser! Money from the fundraiser will help provide juice (to provide vitamin C), rice, and medication (specifically deworming medication to combat the current outbreak of ring worm in the home) to the children in the foster home.

If you are interested in helping with this fundraiser, please leave a comment at the bottom of this post with the date that you believe I will arrive back in California with my two children and be willing to donate at least $25 to the Fihankra Foundation through Hopscotch Adoptions (a licensed 501(c) non-profit). More than one person can select a given date and no dates should be selected before Thursday, January 28th as that is the first realistic date we could leave Ghana. Those who select the correct date (or closest to it) that my children and I arrive back in California will receive a FREE 16x24 float wrap of the winner's choice of a Moments To Memories Photography Africa gallery piece -- a $250 value! Please visit http://www.momentstomemoriesphotography.net to view photographs from the Africa gallery.




I am hoping that we can raise at least another $250 with this fundraiser. Who's in???

No comments:

Post a Comment